June 11, 2014

National Sweet Tea Day...

 
 
In honor of National Sweet Tea Day (yesterday, yes I realize I am a day late) I decided to share some of my favorite sweet tea recipes I have collected. Being from the South, we like - no we LOVE - our sweet tea!
 
Recently, we held our Annual Ladies Tea at church. I had a great time designing the centerpiece and table setting and it was a blessing to serve my friends and family at the table I hosted. A truly wonderful day of love & fellowship.

I called it "Shabby Chic"

Although it it was a miserably wet, rainy day here in South Louisiana, of which we are used to down here, it was a wonderful day of friends, family & community with over 125 ladies in attendance. We served a variety of teas; cold & hot, plain and flavored. Also on the menu were traditional scones, finger sandwiches (the walnut & grape chicken salad was to die for) and some fabulous desserts.


It's summertime...... and nothing says summer in South Louisiana like sweet tea!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Try one. Try them all. Tell me what you think!
 
 
 
Blessings From the Deep South
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Strawberry Comments