December 11, 2013

Homemade Chili (Stove or Crockpot)

 
Always on the search for a good recipe, a long time ago, I set out to find a match for Wendy's chili because it is one of my favorites. Since I am the self-declared "Google Queen" I started there. I then went to my other favorite option Pinterest.

Source

I tried several different recipes claiming to be "Wendy's copycat recipes". Let me just say that if Wendy's chili taste like some of these recipes posted and claiming to be a match in your neck of the woods.... I am SO SO sorry for you! Yuck-o!
 
Source
 
However, after many failed attempts I finally came across one that I liked. Unfortunately, I can not link to its original author because it was just an uploaded cell phone screen shot as a pin, with no link back. *I hate that* (If someone can show me the original website that published this particular recipe, I would be more than happy to link it to them.)
 
Anywho, I tried it and I loved it. Now that one of my dear friends and assistant Samantha has posted on her Facebook recently asking for a good chili recipe, I figured now would be a great time to share this delicious recipe.
 
So.... this one is for YOU Sam!!


Wendy's Copycat Chili

Ingredients:
2 lbs fresh ground beef
1 qt tomato juice
1 (29oz) can tomato puree
1 (15oz) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15oz) can pinto beans, drained
1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup chili powder (use more or less to taste)
1 tsp ground cumin (use more for added flavor)
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Stovetop Instructions:
In a large skillet, brown ground meat with onions, celery, and bell peppers. Drain fat & liquid. Place the meat mixture in a 6-qt pot along with all remaining ingredients. Cover the pot and allow chili to simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15-20 minutes.

Crockpot Instructions:
In a large skillet, brown ground meat with onions, celery, and bell peppers. Drain fat & liquid. Place the meat mixture in crockpot along with all remaining ingredients. Cover the pot and allow to cook on low for 3-4 hours.


Blessings from the South!

 
 
 
Linked Up With:









 




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love chili, especially on a cold winter! I've been looking for the Wendy's recipe but gave up when they all seemed completely yucky. I'm glad that you've found one that comes out great, I'll have to try it!

    Thanks for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesdays! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Wendy's has good chili will have to try. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE a good homemade chili recipe. I haven't made chili in awhile and I should...I have a crockpot recipe, too. Although I will admit that I like to add just a touch of sugar to my version, because it takes a slight edge off the spice. I like mine spicy sweet. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great chili recipe and yes, Wendy does have really good chili.. So glad you added it to the Four Seasons Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Strawberry Comments