November 30, 2013

3 Fruits You Might Be Eating The Hard Way

[Image credit: FoodBeastTv]

We all know how to eat an apple the correct way, right? Wrong! Last week, FoodBeast posted a video entitled "How to Eat an Apple Like a Boss" that quickly went viral. From what the video shows, one should eat the apple from the top down, thereby eliminating the almost 30% waste from eating the apple from the outside into the core. So that got me to searching [yes I Google everything] to find what other fruits we may be eating incorrectly.

[Image credit: Crazy Bananas]
Crazy Bananas shows us that most people start peeling the from the longer stem, but if you peel from the bottom, it will be easier and the banana wont have all those stringy pieces left on it. Since this is also the way a monkey would eat a banana, it makes perfect sense to me.

[Image credit: Homemadesimple]
 
What about the pomegranate? Well there is a truly easy way to get all of the scrumptious seeds out using water. All you have to do is cut the fruit in half then submerge the fruit in cold water. This will allow it to pull right apart with very little mess. Perfect right?
 
 
 
 


 

 
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Now that is kind of interesting!!!! I wear braces on my teeth right now...so if I have an apple, I always slice it first...but I do love the idea of eating an apple "like a boss" :) :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love eating bananas "monkey-style!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband eats his bananas like that! And great tip on the pomegranate seeds! Thanks for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Strawberry Comments