November 11, 2013

Memories to last a lifetime.....

So, I have really gotten away from blogging over the past year. Maybe it's because I am so busy "doing life" that I don't have time to write about it. Why is that though? Why am I so busy? What happen to the "simple life" I thought I wanted to live?.......
 
Oh, I still want it I think; there is just always something getting in the way of it. But, is it really "getting in the way" or are we busy making memories? :) There is life to be lived and memories to be made so I will continue on. There have been many things happening in my life since I did a "real" blog post and I think its silly to go back and "catch up", so I am just going to move forward. I will throw some things in along the way to catch things up though.
 
This past Friday night was the last game of our high school regular football season. We played our rival team (Hammond High Magnet) and beat the pants off of them. We expected to do it all along, but the fact that we are heading to the play-offs wasn't what made the night so special. No, it was Senior Night; that's what was special. Our "baby girl" Alyssa is a Senior and she, along with many of her friends, were honored on the field prior to the start of the game. Being the Colorguard Rifle Captain, it was also the last time she would perform for a regular season football game. Bittersweet night indeed. Earlier in the day there was a big pep-rally at the school; again, the last she will participate in. Here are a few pictures from the day.

Senior Colorguard Members
Evelyn, Alyssa & De'Ja

Performing her last HS pep rally

Senior Night Presentation
 
LAST HALF-TIME PERFORMANCE
(Regular Season Football - We Still Have Play-Offs) 
 
 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Strawberry Comments