November 30, 2013

Mandarin Orange Chicken

This recipe can be made with chicken or tofu, but if you are making both chicken and tofu, but I think you have to keep a close eye on this cooking, since they don't cook at exactly the same rate. I personally don't care for tofu, so I have no idea what it would taste like in the recipe.
 

 
Mandarin Orange Chicken
 
Ingredients:
1 package skinless, boneless chicken breasts OR
1 pkg Extra Firm Tofu, cut into 1/4" slices
1/3 cup Soy Ginger Sauce
1 TB honey
1 small can mandarin oranges
1 TB olive oil
1 TB minced garlic
2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
1 small can water chestnuts 
steamed white or brown rice
 
Preheat oven to 400° F.
 
Brush both sides of the chicken or tofu slices with sauce and arange in a 6 x 9 baking dish, overlapping as needed. Mix sauce with honey and spoon on top of the tofu or chicken. Top with orange slices. Bake 30 minutes, or until the tofu is lightly browned. In a large sauté pan or wok, heat olive oil and saute garlic until lightly browned. Add broccoli and water chestnuts and cook until crisp-tender. Serve over rice and baked tofu or chicken with additional sauce on the side.
 
 
Let me know what you think!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love orange with chicken...looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks good! I will have to give this a try. I love that it is served with broccoli because I know my son will eat it!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Strawberry Comments