November 27, 2013

Sonoma Chicken Salad

This is a variation to a recipe from one of those free little recipe books at Whole Foods. The grapes make it stand out from a garden variety chicken salad. I didn't have some of the ingredients on hand in the original recipe, so I had to improvise a little..... but it was delicious nonetheless.

 
Sonoma Chicken Salad
 
The Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise (I used my favorite lite mayo to save on calories & fat)
4 tsp apple cider vinegar
5 tsp honey
2 tsp poppy seeds
Sea salt and Black pepper
 
The Salad:
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup pecan halves, chopped and toasted (I didn't toast mine)
2 cups red seedless grapes
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
 
Directions:
Prepare the dressing by thoroughly mixing together all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad (can be prepared up to 2 days ahead). Preheat oven to 375°F. Place chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish with 1/2 cup of water. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from baking pan, cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate. When the breasts are completely chilled (at least 2 hours refrigerated), chop & tear into small bite-sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, grapes, celery, and dressing.


This Post Is Linked To:
From My Front Porch To Yours
The Happy Housie
Faith Filled Food For Moms
Wonderful At Home
A Peek Into My Paradise
Time Warp Wife
Savvy Southern Style
Fluster Buster
DIY by Design
The Style Sisters
Foody Schmoody
Easy Life Meal & Party Planning




 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing on Fluster's Creative Muster Link Party. I hope you don't mind that I use this recipe in article I am writing for Daily Dish Magazine (a blog I write for). I will be using only a picture and a link back. The post is for tomorrow morning.
    Co host Marlys (this and that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds sooo good! Thanks for posting in The Four Seasons Blog Hop! Pinned and google+!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Strawberry Comments